Sunday, August 2, 2015

Color Your Stress Away

The gals at Mountain Plains Crafters never need a reason to color but with National Coloring Book Day being celebrated on August 2, we decided to share our ceations with you. Check out our blog HERE to see all of our projects.

There has been much in the news lately about the benefits of coloring.. I think that creative people have known this all along !! I have been coloring since childhood and still to this day, you can find me coloring at a local coffee shop or on my lunch break at work..

For these coloring projects , I used Adornit's Hello & Love You ArtPlay Paintables. These are fun designs by Lindsay Waltman-Ostrom, printed on amazing watercolor paper that can be used with your favorite markers, colored pencils etc..

Supplies for these 2 Art Play projects were : Faber Castell PITT Artist pens, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress markersWink of Stella Brush in Clear Glitter, Stabilo pens & We R Memory Keepers Sequin Stickers. I also used some Yasutomo metallic watercolors for the green on the shirt.. It is SO shimmery !!!



Image from "HELLO" Paintables




Image from "LOVE YOU" Paintable

And last, I have been coloring my Starbucks cup... The design was the winning entry in their White Cup contest.. They are on sale at Starbucks ans I could not help adding some color to the all black/white design ... I suggest you get one today along with a coloring book or 2 and start coloring !!!


8 comments:

  1. super fun projects...love the SB cup:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy !!! I loved the mug the way it came but just couldn't leave well-enough alone & had to color it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so seriously awesome - love seeing what you do to spread love and goodwill into the world!! I totally admire you!! Have a wonderful and AWESOMELY HAPPY National Coloring Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous projects Debra! You'll be proud to know that I signed up for a zentangling class this month with a friend. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always I love your blog, this post no exception! I didn't even know about the Starbucks cup contest, it would have been serious fun entering it. Thanks also for posting the link to the article I loved reading it. Never heard of the Yasutomo metallic watercolors but I really need to check them out. Anything that sparkles or shimmers is perfectly fine with me and since watercolor was my very first painting medium I need to get me some asap. Good luck to everyone here and Happy Coloring Day 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, what a fun upcycled planner! Totally love how you matched the colored edges of your feather card to coordinate with the feather colors. And of course, I see some sparklies too....Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know who thought of the brilliant idea for adult coloring books but I rate them high on the list of way to relax, bring out your inner child, fire up the creative juices and it's healthy, no need to self medicate, just listening to music and color your stress away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at all of your fabulous creativity! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete